COVID – 19 Update – August 30, 2021
Dear Parishioners of St. Michael's,
Revised guidelines were announced Wednesday, August 25, 2021.These guidelines are to remain in effect until otherwise advised by the government of Manitoba and the archdiocese. The full document can be viewed by going to the St. Michaels website.
So what is happening at St. Michael's? Listed below is a brief summary of the practices that parishioners of St. Michael's are asked to follow.
1. The number of attendees is 50% capacity of the church - approximately 200. Registration to attend mass is not required.
2. As of August 28, 2021, masks are to be worn at all times. Attendees do not need to be double vaccinated.
3. Social distancing is to be maintained. Pews will remain sectioned off and identified as not in use.
4. Liquid hand sanitizer remains available and to be used when entering church as is the current practice.
5. Contact tracing sign in sheet to be continued.
6. Continue with our current music ministry. When singing, a 20 foot distance from others will be maintained.
7. Singing by choirs is now permitted. As has been past practice, our choir takes the summer off and will resume once clearer direction is provided regarding distance restrictions/guidelines.
8. Congregational singing will resume when the choir is back.
9. Altar servers to start back on September 12th.
10. The need for additional communion ministers to be determined.
And stay healthy.
Fr. Sylvanus, Parish Pastoral Committee and the Administration Board of St. Michael's